Everyone… Scream, TEQUILA! SHOTS! SHOTS SHOTS SHOTS, SHOTS! SHOTS! SHOTS!!!!
No, wait, this is a cupcake recipe! Okay everyone… Settle down now!
I know, this is not your usual cupcake. It’s not supposed to be. This little yummy angelic creation came to me by form of anxiety. I was cooking dinner, minding my business when my daughter and her friends started causing a ruckus, running up and down the stairs like LUNATICS! The bottle of tequila started calling my name. I tried to ignore but it was impossible. Then Victoria says “mom, can you make us some chocolate chip cupcakes after dinner” DING! Light bulb went off and after taking a couple of shots back to back, this is the creation I came up with. Needless to say, those brats slept all night with happy smiles on their faces while I continued downing that yummy bottle of Patron XO Cafe Dark Cocoa.
Elena’s Double Chocolate Patrón Cupcakes Yields about 12 cupcakes
- 1 cup AP Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup granulated raw organic sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted organic softened butter (not melted)
- 1 free range egg
- 1 free range egg yolk
- 1/3 buttermilk (no buttermilk? simply mix 1/3 cup milk and 1/2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice and let stand for 15 min until thickened)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Chocolate Patrón
- 1/4 cup finely chopped semisweet chocolate chips
Step 1– Pre-heat oven 350 deg. Prep the baking pan with either cupcake liners or butter. Your choice!
Step 2 – In a small bowl sift together all the dry ingredients. Set aside
Step 3– In a stand mixer at med speed beat sugar and butter for 2 minutes until creamy. Beat in egg and egg yolk for another 5 minutes until mixture is light and fluffy. Add buttermilk, vanilla and tequila until well blended. Beat in flour SLOWLY. Fold in chocolate chips.
Step 4– Fill each reservoirs with about 2.5 tbsp of batter. Cook for 15-20 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.
For the icing:
- 2 cups confectioners sugar (I use regular SUGAR IN THE RAW. I put it in my blender and pulverize the sh*t out of it!) Hey… It’s healthier! Keep in mind that confectioners sugar is bleached and processed and also contains starch. YUK!
- 4 tbsp Unsalted butter (softened)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp Chocolate Patrón
Mix sugar and butter until creamy, add chocolate chips and Patrón until you get good consistency.