When your favorite Japanese restaurant is closed due to an imposed statewide lock-down. What do you do?
Make the food yourself!
These chicken drumsticks that are so good you will forget any other drumstick recipe! Beautifully browned, richly flavored, juicy and fall-off-the-bone tender. These baked drumsticks are a hit every time. Delicious and so addictive!
The secret to making these drumsticks is the bath process. If you want your chicken legs or drumsticks to be flavorful and juicy inside, you have to give them a salt bath. This is what separates a great chicken drumstick from an “OK” one.
Then comes the sweet and savory marinade that is so tasty you can just drink it on its own!
A great tasting marinade makes a great tasting drumstick. If you’ve tried my Elena’s Saffron & Honey Buffalo Drumsticks, you know how amazing it is. It’s perfect for wings, thighs and drumsticks. I’ve used it for several years and always get a ton of compliments for it. For my chicken drumsticks.
4 lbs chicken drumsticks (or wings)
- Salt Bath
4 cups cold water
3 Tbsp sea salt
2 lemons (cut in 8 total pcs)
2 Tbsp sesame oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
2 Tbsp teriyaki sauce
2 Tbsp lime juice
half cup honey
3 cloves garlic
1 Tbsp minced ginger
1 tsp back pepper
1 Tsp red pepper flakes
1 Tbsp Minced parsley
1/2 tsp black sesame seeds
- Tools Used – You can get these in my store
- In a medium glass bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the marinade. Set aside.
- Place the chicken in a glass bowl. Add the add the salt. Squeeze the lemon juice and top with cold water. Bathe for up to 2 hours.
- Drain chicken and pat dry. Preheat oven to 375
Place drumsticks in a grill pan. Sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Bake 1 hour or until drumsticks are brown.
- Heat Wok until hot. Add the marinade and whisk for 2 min. Let simmer until it thickens.
- Toss drumsticks into wok and toss until covered. Cover and let sit.
- Place on serving dish. Drizzle remaining sauce. Garnish with parsley & sesame. ENJOY!!!
Let me know how you enjoyed the recipe and ultimately, DROP SOME LOVE IN THE COMMENT!